A softball player’s dream bat offers speed and quality topped with tailored technology that suits the needs of each individual. However, you could end up choosing one that is not approved by your desired league and that would put you back at square one. To make your search for best ASA approved softball bats simpler, we have compiled a list of the top ASA softball bats currently in the market.
With its strict guidelines for bats, ASA is generally thought of as being the most highly regulated association in softball. Their rigorous processes have motivated manufacturers to produce some of the most exceptional softball bats in history. These best ASA softball bats are designed with versatility and performance as a priority. With one of these bats in hand, you will definitely hit your best shots.
4 Best Softball Bats of ASA
A combination of durability and value with their metallic structures and strong sweet spots makes the following bats the best ASA softball bats. The balls leave the bat with immense speed and these selected bats certainly meet the 98 mph standard. We will discuss some of the finest options for softball bats that will leave you undefeated on the field.
1- Best ASA Bat Under $100: Easton RIVAL Slowpitch Softball Bat
With approval to play in all fields, the Easton RIVAL is an extremely affordable option for softball players. With the intricate construction of the bat, it produced a pop that can be heard from a long distance. An ideal bat for power hitters, the Easton RIVAL Slowpitch Softball Bat is one of the best ASA softball bats made with ALX50 military-grade aluminum alloy.
That bat has everything a power hitter seeks in a bat, the ALX50 material used on the whole bat offers rigidity and makes great solid contact with the ball. In terms of strength and longevity, the RIVAL by Easton is unmatched. Every player who owns that bat experiences immense control over it.
- The entire structure of the bat is made with ALX50 which makes it strong and durable
- With an all-sports batting grip that bat offers significant comfort to the batter
- Equipped with an end-loaded swing which results in a greater distance covered on every good hit
- Built with military-grade aluminum alloy that provides a large sweet spot
- Certified for play in ASA/USA, ISF, USSSA, NSA, ISA
So if you are a softball player who wishes to put all his power behind every strike, then the Easton RIVAL is the perfect bat for you. With its promise of fluid swings and that noticeable pop, that bat lives up to the hype.
2. Best End-Loaded ASA Bat: Worth KRECHER USA/ASA Slowpitch Softball Bat
Worth has made every softball player’s dream come true by producing an end-loaded bat that manages to shift the excess weight towards the end of the barrel. The outcome is whip-like action on a swing packed with significant power. This has been possible with the Quad Comp Barrel that enables the hand-to-barrel flex for better. With the Worth KRECHER, you can give an optimal performance every single time. A softball bat that generates increased bat swing owing to its very thin Flex Fifty handle, the Krecher by Worth is for sure one of the best softball bats approved by ASA.
- Fitted with the Flex 50 technology, that bat comes with an ultra-thin handle that allows the player to create more barrel whip
- Performs exceptionally on the field owing to its 0.5 oz end-load weight
- Equipped with Worth’s Quad Comp technology so that the ball travels a longer distance
- Hitters have enhanced leverage on the ball owing to the tiny knob design
- Approved for play by USA
In a nutshell, if you are looking for a bat that provides power, accuracy, and feels in a well-designed body, you can stop your search right here. The enormous barrel, equalized swing, and comfortable soft feel fulfill all the expectations at each hit.
3. Best ASA Dual Stamp: 2023 Miken Vicious Slow Pitch Softball Bat
The Vicious by Miken is a bat that carries the stamp of approval by both the USSSA and the USA/ASA. A unique take on the traditional softball bat, the Vicious Slow Pitch Softball Bat features a distinctive two-piece system. Engineers of that bat chose to make the handle and the barrel both alloy. This way the bat not only becomes ultra-strong but will also give a diverse performance on all types of softballs. The dual flex composite barrel that boosts flex and performance is why the Miken Vicious Slow Pitch Bat is able to dominate all softball fields out there.
- Manufactured with E-Flex 700 alloy that allows hitters to perform their best
- Strong construction leads to greater durability
- With a moderate end-loaded swing weight, that bat creates increased swing
- The barrel walls have been made thing so the pop is optimized and contact distance is upgraded
Basically if you want to play with something unique and one that features both the USSSA and USA Softball stamps, just purchase the Miken Vicious Slow Pitch Softball Bat without a second thought. With its multiwall design that bat will perform beautifully right out of the wrapper.
4. Most Durable ASA Bat: Brett Bros. Thunder Bamboo Softball Bat
Softball can quickly become an expensive hobby and it is always a relief to find a high-quality composite bat that is extremely pocket friendly. One of its kind, the Brett Bros. Thunder Bamboo Softball Bat is a composite wood bat that showcases consistency and endurance as its top qualities. Worthy of being considered for the title of best ASA softball bat, that bat is a one-piece of equipment where the bat has been manufactured from a bamboo core encased by a maple barrel.
The Brett Bros. Thunder Bamboo Softball Bat is quite heavy therefore the player should be able to pick it up without getting tired. For an adult, this bat is a perfect size and has been built with complex materials that will make it last a long time.
- With a Pro cupped end that bat is more balanced thus making it effortless to control
- Features a reinforced handle made of patented BOA fiberglass which provides additional strength
- Made with three different materials that lead to its immense strength and longevity
- Features ASA Certification
Overall, at this affordable price, the Brett Bros. Thunder Bamboo Softball Bat is a reliable piece of equipment that will support the game of all softball players with its durable structure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if a bat is too light?
Batters will swing too fast if a bat is too light. This will affect theory rhythm and creates an obstacle for the batter from doing their job. A light bat might result in shoulders getting ahead of the hips. For an effective swing, the hips must lead the rest of the body.
Does a heavier softball bat hit farther?
Generally using a heavier bat should create faster hit balls. This eventually means the ball will travel a longer distance. In case a player is able to retain the same bat swing speed with a heavier bat, the bigger bat will result in a higher velocity of the bat and will ensure the ball travels farther.
Final Thoughts – The Best ASA Softball Bat
It can be overwhelming to decide on which bat to purchase with such excellent options in front of you. We have narrowed down the search for you further and picked the top contender for the best ASA softball bat. Our choice is
- The 2023 Miken Vicious Slow Pitch Softball Bat because of its sturdy build and well-thought out design that will give hitters substantial support in their game.
In case you have any further questions or queries about which bat would be perfect for you, drop them in the comments section below. We would be happy to help you out!